Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
Data Protection Manager
- The DPM Agent crashes intermittently during a backup.
- If you are trying to recover data from an imported tape, DPM may crash with a "Connection to the DPM service has been lost" error.
- If you try to back up a SharePoint site that uses SQL Always On as a content database, SQL logs are not truncated as expected.
- You cannot verify tape library compatibility for tapes that use RSMCompatmode settings such as IBM 35xx, 2900, and so on.
- If you have multiple SharePoint farms hosted on the same SQL cluster with different instances but the same database names, DPM cannot back up the correct SharePoint farm content.
- If you run Update Rollup 7 for Data Protection Manager 2012 R2, and you have already configured online protection for one or more protection groups, trying to change the protection group populates the default DPM settings for the "Select long-term goals" wizard instead of the previous configured values.
- When you try to protect a SQL failover cluster, the Data Protection Manager UI crashes for every backup or synchronization operation.
- If you install Update Rollup 7 for Data Protection Manager 2012 R2, self-service recovery for SQL databases may not work, and you receive the following error message: